WaterMarke Management Group, LLC is pledged to the letter and spirit of US Policy for the Achievement of Equal Housing Opportunity to all persons regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Sexual Orientation, National Origin, Familial Status, or Handicap. The decision to approve your Application is ultimately up to the owner of the property in which you are applying to lease. Below are the guidelines and qualifying criteria so that we may make a recommendation to the property owner regarding your rental Application.
Rental Application Criteria
1. Each applicant 18 years or older must completely fill out this Application, qualify individually, pay the non-refundable Application Fee per applicant over 18 years old, and is required to be listed on the lease as a tenant.
2. Applications with missing or falsified information will not be considered.
3. All Applications submitted become the property of WaterMarke Management Group LLC.
4. In order to be processed the following must be submitted:
a. Application: Completed signed Application for each applicant.
b. Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of $55.00 per applicant over 18 years old is required to be paid at the time the Application is submitted.
c. Photo I.D.: All applicants must provide a legible copy of their driver’s license or other approved photo I.D.
d. Income: The applicant(s) must have a combined monthly income of at least three (3) times the monthly rent proven by providing the two most recent paystubs or if you’re self-employed, unemployed or retired, we require two (2) years of signed income tax returned, IRS 1099 forms, or bank statements.
e. Employment: A minimum of two years of employment history is required. A full time student that does not meet this requirement will require a co-signer. The co-signer for any applicant must meet all qualifying criteria.
f. Rental History: A minimum of two years of rental history is required. (Living in a property that is owned by a relative is not sufficient for rental verification purposes.) Owning your previous residence can take the place of rental history.
g. Credit: A Credit Report must be processed for each applicant.
h. Pet Fee: If the property owner permits pets, an additional non-refundable Pet Fee or pet deposit may be required, at the property owner’s discretion on a case by case basis.
Applicants may be denied for cause, which includes, but is not limited to the following: 1) Falsifying an application; 2) Incomplete application; 3) Poor rental history such as eviction filings or erratic tenancies; 4) Poor credit history within 5 years; 5) Personal bankruptcy in the past 2 years or a bankruptcy that has not been discharged; 6) Felony conviction for violence to persons or destruction of property within the past 7 years; 7) Felony conviction for drug sale, distribution or manufacturing within the past 7 years; 8) Felony conviction for sex related offenses for any time period, such as rape or child pornography; 9) Unverifiable or poor rental references.
PET POLICY: All approved pets will be subjected to a Non-refundable pet fee of a minimum of $300.00. The following breeds of dogs will not be accepted, nor any hybrid or mixed versions of these breeds: Doberman; German Shepherd; Chow Chow; Akitas; Rottweiler; Pit bulls; or Staffordshire Terriers. All pets must be approved by WaterMarke Management Group, LLC and the property owner. Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals with proper documentation are not considered pets.
Policies and Procedures
1. All applicants must see the interior of the property before a residential lease can be submitted and accept the property in an “As-Is” condition. Requests for changes to the property must be submitted in writing with this application. If applying for a property that the Applicant has not seen in person, then a site unseen addendum to the lease agreement shall be required. All agreements to modify the property in any way must be in writing and signed by both the applicant and the property owner to be binding.
2. Applicants will be processed on a first come first serve basis and the final decision will be made by the property owner.
3. Keys will be released on the first day of occupancy and under NO circumstances prior to the date of occupancy as stated in the lease.
4. Regardless of move in date an amount equal to a full month’s rent is required upon move in. The first full month’s rent must be paid in certified funds. If the move in date result in a prorated rent amount due, that prorated rent amount will be applied to the second month of occupancy.
5. All applicants over the age of 18 years old must sign the lease as a tenant.
6. The applicant gives permission to share the information gathered from the background and credit check with the property owner to assist in the tenant evaluation process.
APPLICATION DOES NOT CREATE A LEASE: This application, even if accepted shall under no circumstances be considered a lease agreement between Applicant and Landlord, or an offer to lease.
SECURITY DEPOSIT: Applicant must submit the security deposit and the signed lease within 48 hours of acceptance of the application. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the application. Time is of the essence. ANY PAID SECURITY DEPOSIT OF APPROVED APPLICANTS IS NOT REFUNDABLE IF APPLICANTS DO NOT ENTER INTO THE LEASE AGREEMENT OR FAIL TO TAKE OCCUPANCY FOR THE PROPERTY IDENTIFIED IN THIS APPLICATION.