We understand that moving can be a stressful and busy time. However, there are some important items to consider when moving, which if done properly will save you time and money in the long run. There is a level of cleaning that is required to return the unit in the condition you received it. If you have any questions, please contact your property manager and be sure to reference the Vacating Checklist. Cleaning must meet the standards described in the Vacating Checklist or additional cleaning charges might apply.
- Complete change of address cards for the Post Office and provide our office with a forwarding address.
- All utilities must remain on, but it is your responsibility to cancel any garbage, cable, phone, etc. services.
- If vacating in the winter, set the thermostat no lower than 55 degrees to prevent freezing of pipes. Tenant will be responsible if heater is turned off or is below 55 degrees.
- Defrost freezer if needed. DO NOT use sharp tools to pry ice off.
- Wash inside of refrigerator with warm water and baking soda. Clean door gasket.
- Take out refrigerator shelves and drawers and wash in warm water, dry and replace. Clean under lower drawers.
- Wash and dry outside of refrigerator and vacuum back and lower grills.
- Move refrigerator from wall and clean underneath. DO NOT TURN OFF!
- Sweep down cobwebs on walls, ceiling and ceiling fans.
- Replace light with an appliance bulb, if necessary.
- Remove racks and broiler pan; soak in hot water and clean, dry well.
- Clean inside of oven, top of stove, knobs, under elements, under burner pans and drawer.
- Wash and dry outside of stove.
- Replace oven light with appliance bulb if burned out.
- Replace burner pans.
- Move stove out and clean wall and floor.
Cabinets and Drawers:
- Wash cupboards inside and out.
- Wipe out drawers with damp rag.
- Clean sink, baskets and counter tops well.
- Make sure garbage disposal is empty and clean.
Miscellaneous In and Near Kitchen:
- Wash all light fixtures in warm water and soap. Clean switch plates.
- Clean inside and out of dishwasher; include inside seal.
- Wash range hood and clean filter. Change appliance bulb, if necessary.
- Wash windows, blinds, screens and clean sills and tracks.
- Scrub kitchen floor, including under movable appliances and baseboards.
- Wash windows, sills and clean tracks.
- Clean light fixtures and switch plates.
- Sweep down cobwebs.
- Clean out fireplace (s).
- Vacuum carpet and clean baseboards.
- Clean drapes / blinds.
- Clean out fireplace; wash screen and doors.
- Sweep down cobs.
- Wash light fixtures and switch plates.
- Wash windows, clean sills and tracks.
- Vacuum carpet and clean baseboards.
- Clean bathtub, tile around tub, sink, door and fixtures.
- Clean inside and outside of toilet. These should be free of soap scum.
- Scrub floor, baseboards and behind toilet.
- Clean inside of medicine cabinet.
- Wash mirror.
- Clean windows, sills and tracks.
- Clean fan.
- Clean vanity inside and out, including drawers.
- Wipe toilet paper holder and towel rods.
- Clean light and switch plates.
- Replace furnace filter.
- Wash inside and outside of front and back doors.
- Clean tracks of sliding doors.
- Replace ALL burned out bulbs.
- Clean and dry inside and outside of washer and dryer. Clean lint trap.
- Pull out washer / dryer and clean floor.
- Wash ALL doors, especially around knobs.
- Sweep garage and sweep down cobs. Clean windows.
- Mow and weed yard.
- Haul ALL trash away.
- Clean out ALL floor vents.
- When the above is COMPLETELY DONE, please return keys to the WaterMarke Management Group office located at 13361 Atlantic Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32225 on or before the last day of your lease by 4:30PM in order to receive a key/device receipt. Keys, but NOT devices may be turned in at the above office using the outside mail drop box (located to the LEFT of double front door) by midnight on the final day of your lease. Keys not received by this time may incur additional charges up to a daily prorated rate of double the rent.
Reminder: Please reference your rental agreement. Note that carpets are required to be professionally steamed cleaned and sprayed for pests upon vacating (refer to rental agreement). Properties NOT CLEANED sufficiently will require professional cleaning and this cost will be charged to the tenant (refer to your rental agreement) Where applicative the chimney must be cleaned and inspected as well (refer to rental agreement).
Disclaimer: Management has the final authority to determine how much of the deposit shall be refunded in accordance with the conditions set forth in the Rental Agreement.