- What is required for Moving Out of a unit?
- What is a Move Out Inspection?
We use a 3rd party company to conduct the move-in (and move-out) inspection. This inspection has details of the property and it includes photo documentation.
- How do I extend a lease?
Contact WaterMarke Management Group directly. We will coordinate an attorney written lease extension for your property providing all parties are in agreement.
- How does a tenant add someone to their lease?
If a tenant wants to add someone to their lease, then that person will submit an online application for review and they will go through the screening process. If approved then the cost to modify the lease (at tenant’s cost) is $45.00.
- What happens if the tenant needs to move sooner than their lease vacate date?
Circumstances vary. WaterMarke Management Group will review the request and advise the parties.
- What is a Home Warranty?
A home warranty protects you from the excessive cost of unexpected failures to the major systems and appliances in your home by repairing or replacing covered items that break down due to normal wear and tear. The home warranty fills in valuable coverage where your homeowner’s insurance doesn’t apply. Read all details of a home warranty company contract before entering into a contract. Most home warranty companies will replace with “like” equipment but not identical or same brand/model.
- Can a tenant make any physical changes (paint, etc.) to the unit?
The tenant will have to ask permission from the owner (in writing) if any changes are made to the property.
- Can the tenant use the onsite amenities at the community?
This is a case by case situation. Every community that has amenities will have different bylaws for use of those amenities by a tenant. It is best to check the HOA rules and regulations for the community.
- What happens if the tenant makes a late payment on their rent?
The tenant is assessed a $50.00 late fee on the 5th of the month and an additional $5.00 per day until rent is paid. WaterMarke Management Group contacts tenants to encourage timely payments. Excessive delinquency may result in a posted notice of demand.
- How do I start the eviction process?
Contact WaterMarke Management Group directly. We can help coordinate the next steps to help you with this matter.
- How do I renew a lease?
Contact WaterMarke Management Group directly. We will coordinate an attorney written lease renewal for your property.
- Who takes care of lawn maintenance?
In order to ensure proper lawn care, owners are generally required to maintain control of the service.
- Who takes care of pool maintenance?
WaterMarke Management Group requires that this service remain with the owner to best protect pool and pool equipment.
- Who takes care of scheduled maintenance of HVAC?
The owner is responsible for scheduled maintenance of the HVAC units (interior and exterior). It is highly recommended to have the HVAC units checked in Spring and Fall. Service calls will be coordinated with the tenants for interior access.
- Who is responsible for changing the filters for HVAC?
Most often the tenant is responsible for changing the filters. However, if the filters are in an area that requires a ladder then those filters will need to be changed out by a service. It will be clearly defined in the lease.
- How long is a guest allowed to stay in my unit before they need to sign a lease?
The lease will clearly state, “A reasonable number of guests may occupy the property without prior written consent of the landlord if the stay is limited to no more than 7 days.”
- Are there any other fees?
- How do I contact WaterMarke Management Group?